Quantites are SERIOUSLY LIMITED. Get your NOS obsolete Quaife 8.8" IRS specific unit while you can! When these were available over 15 years ago they were $1200+
Often imitated but never improved, the Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) limited slip differential is the perfect traction solution that delivers noticeable performance benefits on any car using a factory ‘open’ differential unit or wanting an upgrade to the inferior Ford Trac-Lok units.
Widely accepted as the upgrade of choice for road car owners and motorsport competitors looking to improve their vehicle’s traction, handling balance and braking capabilities, the Quaife ATB limited slip differential is a direct replacement/upgrade for the '89-97 Thunderbirds and Cougars and the '93-98 Mark VIIIs
Originally introduced in the 1980’s, Quaife ATB limited slip differentials are well proven, precision engineered, British made, highly durable and used worldwide in rallying, circuit racing, sprinting, rallycross and Time Attack, as well as the open road.
Once installed, drivers will notice an immediate difference, as the Quaife (ATB) limited slip differential automatically biases the torque across the axle to the wheel with the most grip. Unwanted wheelspin and slip are greatly reduced, resulting in less understeer on front or four wheel drive machines and reduced oversteer on rear wheel drive vehicles. Rear wheel drive cars with a Quaife limited slip differential become more controllable during oversteer moments, enabling drivers to exploit the full potential of their machines for the first time, leading to a more exciting, rewarding and rapid driving experience.
Fully compatible with manufacturer electronic traction control and anti-lock braking systems, the Quaife ATB differential offers a number of key advantages in both functionality and service life compared to conventional plate-style LSD units.
Silent in operation (even during low-speed parking manoeuvres) the Quaife ATB limited slip unit never ‘locks,’ making it progressive, safe and user friendly. Unlike plate-style LSD designs there are no clutches, ramps, springs or other wear prone components to replace at regular intervals, because the Quaife ATB’s well-proven system of helical gears is extremely durable, plus it’s designed to use standard transmission oils.
This makes the Quaife ATB limited slip differential a genuine ‘fit and forget’ upgrade that offers compromise-free performance and unbeatable reliability on the street, strip, stage or circuit, backed by a lifetime manufacturers warranty.
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’
- Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
- Fitment greatly reduces unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
- Designed to work in harmony with road car electronic stability and traction control programs
- Reduces tire wear
- Gear operated with no service components to replace – EVER!
- Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit
- Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
- Over 100,000 units sold worldwide since the 1980’s
- Available for over 400 different applications
- Backed by a Quaife lifetime warranty for both motorsport and road use